Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Netflix Update

So, it’s several months later and, still with Netflix. Here’s what transpired to keep me from leaving. First of all, Netflix backed off the Quickster split, so that’s a step in the right direction. Then they beefed up their instant library, though it’s still lacking a bit in my opinion. Lastly, I dropped the blu-ray subscription. The blu-rays seemed to be more trouble than they were worth. Can’t take it with on trips because my laptop doesn’t have a blu-ray player, and they were also having technical problems, which the DVDs never seem to have. Maybe it was our blu-ray player, I don’t know, but with a television the size of ours in our tiny apartment, apparently, you can’t tell the difference. Also, I am working on turning the DVDs over faster too. So now I’m paying $15.98 a month for streaming and 1 DVD at a time. If I manage to watch two things on instant and get two DVDs a month, that’s about the same price as HD videos from those on demand services. I can live with this, but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time until another price hike hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment