Monday, September 12, 2011

Great Films You Might Have Missed on Netflix Instant: WTF Netflix

Okay, I know this is kind of late to be complaining about this because we heard about Netflix changing their prices a couple of months ago, but WTF!!  I went from thinking this was a great deal and a great company with good customer service, to wondering whether I should cancel all or part of my subscription.  When it cost around $11 or $12 for one-at-a-time blu-rays or dvds AND streaming, I was happy to subscribe to both.  I used the streaming to explore different films and make my list of cool stuff you might have missed because it was foreign, or indie, or just not marketed well.  Now it's just ridiculous.  The same services costs $18 and I'm sitting here trying to figure out if I should cancel the streaming or the dvd/blu-ray service and I can't decide.  If I cancel dvd/blu-ray, I can't watch most of the movies I actually WANT to watch.  If I cancel the streaming, I won't "waste" dvds on movies that might not be good, thus limiting my exploring and taking chances on indie flicks.  Basically, it really sucks for those indie filmmakers that depended on this tacked-on streaming service to get people to watch their stuff.  I can see people cancelling the streaming service now, simply because most people are convinced the selection was not very good.  I guess they weren't making money, but I'm looking for other options now.  Maybe Amazon or maybe some other purely on-demand service.  It will be more expensive per viewing, but it might be worth it.  I doubt I'm getting my money's worth from Netflix now.

No comments:

Post a Comment